Seedmap.org covers a whole range of seed, biodiversity and food issues. Yet there are three themes that we think desserve more attention and that we turned into campaigns of their own- check them out & spread the word:
Agroecology to counter climate change (#ag4climate #COP21Reader): A campaign leading up to and following the 2015 COP-21 climate Conference in Paris to show that we cannot address climate change without drastically shifting our approach to agriculture and positioning agroecology as a sustainable, clean and just response to climate change.
- March with us for the climate in Ottawa on Sunday, Nov. 29th, 2015.
- Read our primer about why a shift to agroecology is urgent.
- Read & contribute to our live bibliography in prep for COP-21.
Seed laws & Farmers’ seeds (#seedlaws): A campaign to build our networks and increase our capacity to understand seed laws and what farmers can do within them to protect their seed systems and their right to save seeds.
- Learn more about farmers’ seeds and registering them.
- Learn more about the International Plant Treaty on Genetic Plant Resources
- Hear more about our 5 year seedlaws project (coming soon)